The office of Data Quality Control and Assurance is the "keeper" of the crash reports.  We collect all crash reports from all law enforcement agencies throughout Wyoming.  We work diligently with law enforcement agencies to ensure the crash reports are kept and distributed per State Statute.

As of July 1, 2013 in accordance with House Bill 0152 an Owner/Operator Crash Form (PR-901) is no longer required.  However, drivers involved in a traffic accident are still required to notify the nearest law enforcement agency about the traffic accident, so if you have been involved in a crash, please contact 911 or your local law enforcement agency: Wyoming Highway Patrol, County Sheriff, or local City Police Department. 

31-5-1105. Notice required of driver.

The driver of a vehicle involved in an accident resulting in injury to or death of any person, in property damage to another or others to an apparent extent of at least one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) or in any vehicle, excluding bicycles or any other vehicle moved solely by human power, becoming so disabled as to prevent its normal and safe operation, shall immediately by the quickest means of communication give notice of the accident to the local police department if the accident occurs within a municipality, otherwise to the nearest office of the state highway patrol or to the office of the county sheriff.


You may contact Highway Safety for a copy of your crash report.