Disabled Parking Placards


Applying for a placard in person

When applying for a placard in person at your local driver exam office, you will be asked to show identification such as a state-issued driver license or ID card. If you do not have one of these documents, a state-certified birth certificate or other identity document may be used. Contact your local driver exam office if you have any questions concerning acceptance of a document. If you are picking up a placard for another party, please bring an authorization letter.
Applying for a placard by mail
You may also apply for a placard(s) by mail. The top portion of the application form must be completed. A physician or advanced practice registered nurse must complete the "Physician Disability Certification"  section.
Mail the completed form to:       
WYDOT - Driver Services
Driver Review
5300 Bishop Blvd.
Cheyenne, WY  82009-3340
Renewing your temporary placard
A temporary placard is only valid up to 6 months. It may be renewed one time for another 6 months by submitting a new application form completed by you and either your physician or advanced practice registered nurse. If you need the temporary placard for more than 12 months, you should check with your doctor about eligibility for a permanent placard.
Other information concerning placards
  •  Placards for minor children are issued in the child’s name, not the parent or guardian name.
  •  Forms with erasures and/or whited-out information are not acceptable.
  •  Forms that are not signed by a physician or advanced practice registered nurse and the eligible applicant will be returned without issuance of a placard.
  •  No fees are associated with the issuance of disabled parking placard(s).
  •  Placards that are lost, stolen or damaged may be eligible for replacement. Call 307-777-4839 for requirements.
  •  Permanent placards are issued for 10 years and must be renewed upon expiration.
  • If the holder of the placard has passed away, the placard must be returned to Driver Services. The placards are not transferrable and cannot be used by anyone else other than the person they were issued to.


Disabled Parking license plates
When you apply for a disabled parking placard, you may also desire a disabled parking license plate. To obtain the license plate, you must indicate this information on the application form. You are entitled to either two placards or one placard and a set of license plates. If you indicate on the form that you wish to be issued license plates, an authorization letter will be provided to you. Present the letter to your local county treasurer's office where license plates are issued. As with standard license plates, there is a fee for disabled parking plates.