Obtaining  a copy of your own driving record:

Fee: $5.00 per record (Government agencies are exempt)

In Person: Appear in person at your Wyoming driver examination station and present your Wyoming driver license or identification card as proof of identification.

Download "Release of Driving Record & Personal Information" form OR send a written request which includes your full name, date of birth, Wyoming driver license number or social security number. All requests must include the $5.00 fee per record and check or money order payable to WYDOT.  Please allow 7-10 business days to process your request.   NOTE: Computer generated and/or electronic signatures are not allowed.  Please manually sign the request form before submitting it for processing.

By Mail: Send a written request to: 

Wyoming Department of Transportation
Driver Services, Driving Records
5300 Bishop Blvd.
Cheyenne, WY 82009-3340

Please allow 7-10 business days to process your request.

Obtaining a copy of someone else's driving record: 

Fee: $5.00 per record (Government agencies are exempt)

The proper form must be completed and submitted to Driver Services to authorize the release of personal and/or driver history information.

The "Release of Driving Record & Personal Information" form is required when a requestor meets one or more of the authorized usage requirements as defined by the Federal Driver Privacy Protection Act, and information received will NOT be resold or disclosed to a third party. This form will be required EACH time a request is made.  Please allow 7-10 business days to process your request.


What information is on a driving record?

Three (3) years of history for moving violations, uninsured accidents, compulsory insurance violations, administrative per se and refusals, nonresident violator compact violations and proof of financial responsibility withdrawals; AND,  

Five (5) years of history for driving under the influence, reckless driving, accident judgments, vehicular homicide, leaving the scene of an injury accident, a felony which is a result of manner of driving and transporting liquor to a minor convictions and withdrawals.

NOTE: If your employer requires a 10-year history, or you need one for other purposes, you must specifically indicate you need a 10-year record in your written request.