Former Prisoner of War Plates


Any person who, while serving in the U.S. Armed Forces, was incarcerated by an enemy of the United States may use the former prisoners of war special license plate. 

General Provisions

  1. The vehicle must be titled in the name of the applicant or may be joint ownership with a member of the immediate family.

  2. All applications for special license plates must be made directly to the county treasurer at least 60 days before registration of the vehicle expires.

  3. All special license plates are issued once in an 8-year period and must be renewed annually no later than the last day of the annual registration month. Renewals are handled at the Office of the County Treasurer.

  4. If a person transfers ownership of the vehicle that has the special license plate, the registration expires and the plates must be removed. After acquiring another vehicle, application may be made to transfer the license plate registration number to the newly acquired vehicle.

  5. The county treasurer will forward two copies of the approved application to WYDOT, which will indicate the assigned plate number and return a copy of the application and the plates to the county treasurer.

  6. All applicants must be Wyoming residents.


WYDOT Motor Vehicle Services
5300 Bishop Boulevard
Cheyenne WY  82009